Founded in 2014 in loving memory of Arya Kokate, the foundation aims to financially contribute towards the purchase of the equipment for children with special needs.
The Arya Foundation serves to provide financial aid for the purchase of medical supplies and equipment for children with special needs.
Applications will only be accepted from parents or legal guardians on behalf of a child who’s
- 18 years of age or younger
- Request qualifies as a valid health care need
- Child lives in St Louis and the surrounding area
- Referred by Social Worker or Case Manager
- Request is for up to $1000
Financial assistance will only be granted to individuals for one piece of equipment once per year.
The items value can be any but the financial assistance will be granted for up to $1000 only. The applicant is responsible for the remaining value.
Yes. The applicant can request for an item partially covered by the insurance.
The items value can be of any amount. However, The Arya Foundation will only fund up to $1000 for the purchase of the item. The applicant is responsible for the remaining value.
Consideration is given to providing financial assistance towards the purchase of specific equipment that is for the direct use of children with special needs including and not limited to :
- Specialized walking aids
- Portable ramps
- Specialized seating
- Electronic communication aids
- Bath; toilet seats / support
- Specialized beds / mattresses
- And more… (Please send an email to inquire about the specific item.)
- Home modifications of any kind i.e. bathrooms, bedrooms, door widening, garden adaptations, ramp building etc.
- Any kind of therapy services e.g. Occupational, Physical , Aqua , Equine etc. or service animals.
- Any kind of camps or programs e.g. day camps, summer camps etc.
- Any kind of software or App (like Proloquo) on an electronic communicating device.
- Financial assistance for equipment already purchased and paid for.
- Maintenance or on-going costs of the equipment.
Your child’s case manager, social worker, school teacher, therapist, or any service provider working with your child can provide the referral.
The Arya Foundation would like to know the impact of our services on a child’s life. It is also a necessary requirement for the returning applicant.
- Complete Application form.
- Letter from a physician (on letterhead) providing the necessity of the equipment including the child’s diagnosis, history of illness, specific request for funding and other relevant information.
- Invoice from the provider.
- Child’s photograph and story for our publication.
All applications are considered on their individual merit, and financial contributions made are dependent on the availability of funds with The Arya Foundation at any particulat time.
Once the complete application form and the required documents are received The Arya Foundation will take up to 30 days for processing.
Notification of the outcome of applications will be by e-mail or letter and the decision of the members of the Foundation is final.
Payments will only be made directly to the supplier providing the equipment. No payment will be provided directly to the family.
The foundation provides a single financial contribution per equipment and hence is not the owner of such equipment.
As the foundation provides a single financial contribution per equipment, it will not be held responsible for any ongoing maintenance, repairs and replacement.